The yearly nomination of IBM Champions is once again open. Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized for their contributions to the community or to IBM? Nominate that person!
Do you think you deserve to be an IBM Champion? Nominate yourself! I know it feels strange to nominate yourself, but you are the one that knows best what you have been contributing. There is no way for IBM to know what everyone out there have been doing during the last year, not even if they enlisted IBM Watson…
So how are the IBM Champions selected? Here is the list of criteria IBM published:
We want IBM Champions who:
- Demonstrate both expertise in and extraordinary support and advocacy for IBM technology, communities, and solutions.
- Share advocacy and influence within and outside their organizations or customer engagements.
- Influence and mentor to help others make the most of investments in IBM software, solutions and services.
[Significant] contributions [over the last 12 months] must be above and beyond a nominee’s job duties, but may be internal or external. The list below is just a few examples:
- Regularly blogging or creating other technical content
- Speaking at multiple events
- User Group Conference Committee member (involves the planning and execution of one or more conferences, events, or meetups)
- President, Leader, or Board member of a worldwide or local user group
- Providing customer references
- Regularly being an advocate for IBM products inside your organization, making connections, and educating users
Now is your opportunity to recognize people for what they have been doing during the last 12 months. And don’t be shy, submit a self nomination as well, if you think you deserve it.
Nominations are open until October 22 at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/ibmchampion/entry/2018ChampionNominations. Don’t miss the deadline!