Watch the two screencam videos linked below. They are each about 10-15 seconds long.
Exactly the same code, running on the same computer, against the same server.
I am able to reproduce the results are reproduced every time I test.
I don’t have Notes 8.x on this system, as our plans currently are to eventually move all our users to Notes 7…
And I don’t see Notes 8.x being deployed in a near future here.
Update: I just used TeamStudio Profiler to time the process. In Notes 5 it took 3.8 seconds, in Notes 7 it took 0.8 seconds. The main difference was in calling a db.GetView(). I then wrote some code that just call that function 8 times, each time to a different view. It took 2.4 seconds in Notes 5 and 0.17 seconds in Notes 7, again according to Profiler.